Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cultural Learnings

The name of this blog is my own. The description, however, was the idea of Dr. Roy Brand of Hebrew University. He thought the title should be, "Khaled: Cultural Learnings of Israel for Make Benefit Glorious Islamic Nation." I chose "Abu Salam: Cultural Learnings of Israel and the West for Make Benefit Glorious Arab Nation" because it is a more encompassing of all Arab and Western peoples.

I must give credit where it's due.



There's a big elephant named Borat! no one is talking about.

7 comments:

SavtaDotty said...

Is it true? Am I the first to welcome you to the blogosphere? Such an honor! And I know the Arab people are very big on honor, so you will understand my feelings.

Now as for Borat, I didn't know they had elephants in Kazakhstan. Thank you for teaching me useful things, right off the bat.

Gorgeous Girl said...

hello, I live in CT, USA.. nice to meet you.

nominally challenged said...

Elephant? Elephant? What elephant? All I can see is this large, rather fetching, grey centerpiece on the coffee table, with tusks and a trunk ...

Abu Salam said...

Savtadotty,

The honor is mine!

Barbi,

Nice to meet you, as well. I've spent some time in CT. Soon, I'll have a post asking people if they want an Arab perspective on their homeland.


Nominally Challenged,

Exactly!

Chairwoman of the bored said...

Welcome from an old Jewish broad in the UK.

Blacksmith Jade said...

Looks like I'll be visiting this space often...

Goodluck ;)

Anonymous said...

Yael's blog turned me on to yours, and it looks VERY promising. I hope
you like lots of coffee; that way you'll spend more time at internet
cafe's writing for us!

--Shari in Israel